By: Harshi Kumaresan
It’s officially October which means Halloween is right around the corner! Between everything that might be going on, it’s often difficult to find the time and creativity to plan out a thoughtful Halloween costume. There are several last-minute costumes you can DIY with minimal supplies and still fit in whether you are going out to a Halloween party or trick-or-treating with friends! Here are a few ideas:
- Clown: With exaggerated facial features, which can be achieved with face paint, lipstick, and eyeliner, you can transform into the classic Halloween costume.
- Rosie the Riveter: We have all heard this last-minute costume before. W
- ith a blue shirt, red bandana, and a little red lipstick, you can dress up as the cultural icon of World War II!
- Witch: Throwing on some black clothes and an old witch hat from a previous costume is an effortless way to look Halloween-ready!
- Cactus: Creating this costume can be done quickly with some hot glue or safety pins. All you need is white yarn and a green top.
- Scarecrow: Wearing a plaid shirt, overalls, cowboy boots, and a straw hat with patches and seams drawn on your face can make you look like a scarecrow in seconds!
- Bachelorette: Reuse your homecoming dress, carry a rose, and you’ve immediately turned into America’s next Bachelorette from the popular TV show.
- M&Ms: We have all seen this last-minute costume everywhere. All you and your friends each need to do is get bright, different colored shirts and stick a lowercase ‘m’ on the front.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: Dressing up as this famous trio can be easily achieved with a red sweatshirt with a yellow capital ‘A’, a green shirt, and a blue shirt with glasses.
- Princess Leia: You can go as this widely famous character from Star Wars with white clothes and space buns!
- Ghost: One of the easiest costumes out there, all you need is a white bed sheet with holes for your eyes, nose, mouth, and arms!